Health and Fitness

Maintenance crews put out fire at Winfield hospital power plant

Spring winds helped spark a fire atop a building at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield Tuesday afternoon.

No one was injured in the fire, which was put out before fire crews arrived. The small fire was contained to the roof of the hospital’s free-standing power plant facility, located just north of the main hospital, said Winfield Fire Protection District Deputy Chief Eric Ermer.

Ermer said crews were doing maintenance work on the roof of the building when wind blew over a stack of materials that landed against a generator. The materials melted and started a small fire around 12:40 p.m., Ermer said.

Hospital spokesman Chris King said the fire was put out by workers before firefighters arrived. No one was evacuated as a result of the fire, and there was no disruption to hospital service, King said.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.